With winter setting in cough and cold are in the air and are very easy to catch. Smoothen this change of season with a few shots! No not Tequila shots, but healthy Amla shots. Amla, also known as the Indian Gooseberry is a rich source of Vitamin C and even contains more of it than Oranges, which are known for the aforementioned Vitamin. We also tend to eat more of comfort food during this season, thereby putting on weight. An Amla Shot a Day will keep all that away too!
Use your Usha Juicer Mixer Grinder to make this healthy concoction with ease, its durable and efficient blade will ensure that your final shot is smooth and easy on your throat. The JMG’s detachable parts also make it easy to clean.
- 4 whole Amla, deseeded and chopped roughly
- 1 tsp Amla crush syrup
- Pinch of star anise powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup of water
- Combine amla, amla crush, star anise powder and 1 cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth. Strain the liquid and keep aside.
- Combine the strained liquid and honey and mix well in a mixing glass.
- In each shot glass, pour equal quantity of the juice
- Serve garnished with a star anise on the rim of each glass