The beauty of Garlic Bread is that it can be eaten with just about anything. It can be a part of a very outlandish gourmet four course meal, munched simply with a Coke and pizza or just on its own. Originating in the South of France it has not only invaded our meals and Dates but also our vocabulary – the British Comedian Peter Kay’s line, “Garlic Bread, it’s the future, I’ve tasted it” was voted the greatest one-liner in TV comedy history in 2007.
The great thing about Garlic Bread is that everybody loves it from kids and adults to bums and gourmet connoisseurs. Better still you can serve it anytime, anywhere – after-school meal for kids, Evening Snacks, Supper, High Tea, Picnic and so on and so forth. Here is a simple way to make them using the Usha Halogen Oven.
- 1 garlic bread loaf
- 50 gm butter
- 100 gm mozzarella cheese – grated
- 50 gm cheddar cheese – grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 pinches of salt
- Cut loaf into ½’ thick slices.
- Put butter and all other ingredients in a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer till smooth.
- Place bread slices on the high rack in the oven. Press the pizza button and set time to 3 minutes. Let temp be 210°C.
- Press start and bake for 3 minutes.
- Take out the baked bread from the oven and spread cheese mixture on the untoasted side of the bread.
- Put bread back in the oven and again bake on pizza mode (210°C) for 3 minutes or till golden.
A quick snack or a Gourmet side dish, the choice is yours.